Monday, August 31, 2009

And so it begins...

I started my language classes today. It doesn't look like they'll be too bad. The point is really to correct some of the bad habits we've gotten into and review some sticky grammatical points. But today, we mostly did introductions.

There was a long break for lunch and I went with some friends for lunch. We walked to a little street one girl's host mom had recommended (Rue Colbert) where there were a lot of cafés and ethnic restaurants. We ate at a little Turkish restaurant that was very good and very inexpensive. I had never eaten Turkish food before so I decided to share a "grande assiette" with another girl. She had had Turkish food and knew what to order so I just told her to get whatever she wanted and I would try whatever she got! It ended up being very very good. Lamb sausage, two kinds of rice, a salad, french fries... tons of food!

After the break, we reconvened for orientation about our classes and host families in Paris. They gave us tons of information at once and the classroom was so hot I don't think anyone caught everything.

Tomorrow, my big adventure will be to find a curling iron. Apparently straighteners are far far far more common than curling irons here, as evidenced by my unsuccessful trip to Monoprix (the French equivalent of a Super Target). I'm getting tired of throwing my hair up in a ponytail every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment